A Week in my Life:
Answers to comprehension
check your answers against this key
- You can tell from the tenses used;
- 'must get up' (pres tense; here for future) but 'just managed to' (past tense; this is after it happened)
- or 'Have to go' (present tense) but 'almost fell asleep' etc..
- 'wish the weather had been better and 'like a kid waiting for the holidays', these show wandering thoughts - there are many other examples.
- work: meeting in Bristol, the appraisal, other meetings, social: dinner with parents, trips to the park (implied) children's social activities (ballet, football etc..)
- This is ironic, she wants the weekend to come for relaxation then realises that it's actually more relaxing at work!
- 'please co-operate', please don't put me in the quiet coach' (on train where you can't use mobiles etc..),
- She has more than 1 child
- A girl called Nell
- she likes coffee
- lives in London
- works full-time
- her parents are still alive
- they criticise her children
- her partner is called Joe
- she may have at least one girl and/or boy (football and ballet but this may not be the case!)